Irlo Overstreet Bronson of Kissimmee was the fourth generation of cattlemen in his family. He was known as “Mr. Florida Cattleman” for his work with the Florida Cattlemen’s Association. He was a charter member of the FCA and donated the land on which the present state headquarters is located. In addition to his cattle and citrus interests as well as his many civic endeavors, Bronson served in the Florida House of Representatives from 1943 to 1951 and the Florida Senate from 1952 to 1966 including a term as President Pro Tempore in 1957.